Monday, May 7, 2012

Rhubarb Jam With a Twist.





Why does rhubarb make such good jam? I'm not sure that I can describe how it tastes to someone who has never tried it. But however it tastes, it makes the best jam.

Turning the season's best into jam is one of the best ways to capture the essence of this tart seasonal treat. Making it into jam is relatively simple with just a few ingredients.

For this batch, I used some lime (juice and rind), a bit of ginger, sugar, and 2 1/2 pounds of rhubarb, and one pint of raspberries.

My recipe only made four cups of jam. That's fine by me, now I can make more, this time with cinnamon and some nutmeg. However this jam is made, it is a special treat made with love and ready to adorn anything from oat cakes to ice cream.

I guess it is jam season. For me, I'm going to make strawberry next. Well, after the second batch of rhubarb jam of course.





No comments:

Post a Comment