Sunday, May 13, 2012

On Being a Mother




Some days I feel like an explorer, mapping uncharted territory. Well, for me it is and has been these last 15 years. Being a mother doesn't really come with instructions and at times is downright confusing. The best that you can do is listen to your inner voice and keep moving forward.

One thing for certain is that these years have been the best that life has to offer. I've had the privilege of  staying home and raising my one child. Being a constant playmate and companion to my once little one. Now letting go a little, giving my fledgling room to spread his wings and take those first short hops out of the nest. But I'm glad for these years, time spent learning about myself as I took on the role of mother. I'll have time later to be all that I want to be.

Many people don't appreciate what a stay at home mom does. People look down on you and question your lack of usefulness in this world. But what job is more important than raising your own children and being their guiding light. It hasn't come without sacrifice and self doubt. But I'm glad for this role of mother to Nathan and the two that I also love from a distance, Ivy and Olivia. The three of you are always in my prayers. I am so very proud of the three of you.

But I also want to thank my mom for being my guiding light. For the sacrifices that you and dad made over the years. For loving the four children that you have in all of our different ways. I love you Mom, but you know that.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment