Monday, May 14, 2012

My Second Favorite Season.










Springtime is one of the most beautiful times of the year. I love watching the yard transform from sleeping brown to an explosion of green. The spring garden looks so young and optimistic with it's pale hues. It carries with it the hope and promise of warmer days. Each walk in the yard is a surprise as each new tender shoot emerges and shows itself, a celebration of renewal. Spring's turn is almost over, as we hope for frost free mornings where heat loving plants can stretch their roots and and get comfortable.

I love getting out in the yard and digging in the dirt and cleaning out the flower beds. It's therapeutic for me, this time in the garden. I can spend an afternoon out weeding, pruning, mulching, getting it all done. It's a day well spent tending the veggies, knowing that they will soon give some love back in the form of delicious food.   How local and fresh can you get?

So for now I bask in the cool morning and celebrate a spring moment.

I hope that you have the opportunity to dig in the dirt this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment