Sunday, May 27, 2012

Antiquing in Bellefonte

I'm not very good at antique shopping. The first time I went into this shop I walked out completely overwhelmed. What was really going through my head was, "Who in their right mind would want to buy any of that stuff!" and "Who collected it all?"

 But I have since had a change of heart. I'm still not very good at searching things out, but there are really is something for everyone at this little antique shop. Even if you don't find anything that day, the items are fascinating.
Amber bottle with Clorox label, who knew that Bleach came in a glass bottle. I love looking at all of the old bottles.

An old Cub Scout book. Back in the day when to be "square" meant to be fair and honest. I think that I will start using that term more often, I like it.

A child's cup. 

A bin of old license plates. This made me wonder who collected all of them and how did they all end up here. 

A glass display table with plates, jewelry, and mercury glass.

A salt shaker, her mate is in the background. 

This stall had lots of old cans and bottles. I remember sitting with my mama on a hot summer day sipping Tab.

I love these nested bowls. They also remind me of my mama and helping it the kitchen.


I still walk away thinking about the people who originally owned all of these treasures. See, I didn't call it "stuff."  But from time to time I love to walk through this little store. You never know what you'll find.

As a side note, my son walked by and looked at this post and asked, "When did you go to the junk store?" I forgive him, I will work on him to change his heart and his view of old things. Very soon, some of the things he grew up with will be here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment