Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Dog Stole My Blogwork


I went back and forth on whether I should share this on the blog. But it is real life and a funny story so here we go.


I had been taking pictures of a loaf of bread to share here on the blog. I had turned my back to look at the pictures that I had taken when I heard an unusual sound. When I turned back around my loaf of bread was gone and my dog had disappeared from his perch. It took me a second to realize that he had stolen my bread. 

He was under the couch nom, nom, noming the loaf, having a jolly good time. I believe that stolen food is much tastier to him than his regular fare. I wasn't sure if he would try to protect his treasure. But I also didn't want to let him eat the whole loaf and explode from a swollen belly. So I pushed the couch aside and tried to take it away in a calm manner. He shoved the bread further under and declined to give it up.



That is when WWE epic match began, Mommy versus Thieving Terrier. For just a few seconds he really did lose his mind. He and I went on wrestling for that loaf of bread. In the end I was victorious. I walked away with my loaf of bread and tossed it onto the kitchen counter.

What really got me thought was that not ten minutes later he wanted his dinner. He couldn't have been hungry. But it was dinner time and his internal clock said that it was time. 

I think that he was mad at me for a few minutes, maybe hours. Oh well, it was my bread and I'm the alpha dog around the kitchen. 

Added note from Buddy.

To my list of stolen food:
Loaf of bread.......................Mommy
Chicken sandwich................Gordon
Pizza (countless times)..........Nathan.
Apple bites here and there....Nathan
Chicken skin........................Trash can
Unknown sandwich..............Under a pile of snow

It is a good life indeed. :D


1 comment: