Monday, June 18, 2012

A Weekend Full of Late Late Nights

The days full of outside activity and the evenings full of movies and Big Bang Theory. That kind of sums up our weekend.


I picked the last of the bok choi that was hiding near the swiss chard and a lot of kale from the garden. I really need a dehydrator to make kale chips. Most of the tomatoes are staked and have plenty of support.

Sadly I did not work on my scarf. But I did start and finish two books this past week. Night Road.and Sarah's Key, both page turners and quick reads. I'm not sure if I can say if one or another was a favorite. I enjoyed them both. Now on to this book. I have a goal of reading two books a month, pretty achievable as long as I stay on track.


Tonight I am making an ice box tart from my mom's recipe box. I love taking my time with these types of recipes, memories flooding back of my mom, sister, and I in the kitchen learning from her and and just being close to those I love. I hope to share this recipe with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment