Thursday, June 14, 2012

On Homeschooling

We are a homeschooling family. We have been homeschooling our son since he has been on this earth. We have had our ups and our down. I've struggled with my own self doubt. Early on I chose not to listen to my own voice, but listened to others. I should have been listening to my mothering inner voice. I might have had more courage in the beginning.


We are about to finish our first year of high school. I'm proud of our accomplishments. It's been a busier year, a tougher schedule, more to do, longer days filled with tasks to check off. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

When we started this journey, there were fewer homeschooling families. But now in 2012 our numbers continue to grow. Most of us know a homeschooling family. We come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes.
 


I think that if you ask my son, he would agree. It has been a great year. As we say hello to summer, we look forward to different learning experiences outside of the traditional curriculum. One never stops learning just because they are not in a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment