Monday, June 25, 2012

Little Library

I had never heard of this until recently and can't get it off my mind. I really want one of my own to share. The concept is so brilliant and right down our family's alley, in other words, we have a lot of books.


The Little Library above is near us, a couple of miles away. The one below is also near us.


 Here's an excerpt from their website to help you catch the vision: “What’s in the library today?” people might ask as they stroll through their neighborhood.   Maybe one library has mystery stories, one has picture books for kids and another has memoirs.  Down the block, an English teacher shares her favorite novels and a historian puts out a new book every month about “the old country” and her Norwegian heritage.  Some fifth grade girls exchange American Girl stories about girls growing up at different times in history.  A wooden bench shows up next to the Little Library in front of Mrs. Argelander’s bungalow.  The nightly walkers, children and elders alike, sit and read to each other.   




I especially like this little red library. I would love to see one in my neighborhood. But, something more quaint would better be suited to my neighborhood.


I hope this inspires you to find a little library near you and share a note or book. 

I would like to give credit to Bookusbinders for the great photos that I found to share here.



2 comments:

  1. OK, here's another weird coincidence. We got home last night, and I'm just looking at your blog today. The kids and I found our first one of these in Madison while letterboxing on Wed. We'd never heard of them before. Too bad I'd already taken my books to Half Price the day before! Next time I'll bring some just for the little library. :) We picked up a brand new copy of Swallows and Amazons from the one in Madison, because I don't think Dags remembers those stories very well. Someone in Madison obviously has excellent taste. ^_^

    ReplyDelete