Monday, April 16, 2012

What I'm Reading

I have a goal to read 24 books this year. So far, I'm right on track to complete my goal. I just finished The Lost Wife, by Alyson Richman. What a wonderful tale of love found, lost, and found. From the first chapter to the very end I could not put this book down. I found myself stealing time throughout the day to read another chapter. I was sad to see it end.

 I just started Among Others, by Jo Walton. This is a departure from what I would usually read, it has a lot of reference to sci-fi. But it is full of wonderful magic and enchantment. It follows the life of a young girl, Morwenna, as she builds a life in England. She has left her life behind in Wales with a crazed mother. Before starting Among Other, I was on a journey through the world wars. Mostly WWII, and it's hardships throughout Europe. I'm glad for this detour of a book.

Some books that I read are on my kindle. But most are real books. I really like my kindle but it is hard to reference and thumb through a book. But I love the convenience of looking for books with my kindle, especially the ability to purchase books late at night. However I dislike the fact that I cannot share books with my fiends. So there you have it, I love and hate my kindle all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment