Monday, April 9, 2012

How was your Easter?







We had a lovely Easter. We dyed eggs and ate a fair amount of chocolate.

Tony had to work, so Nathan and I happily cooked dinner together. I think that because we have moved so much we rely on food and each other as our tradition. I let Nathan put together the menu. He immediately came up with ambrosia. My mom makes it, not me but I guess that it is part of the tradition of food in our family. We also had potato casserole, green beans and some lovely pork chops with a pesto al forno.

We ended our meal with a lovely meyer lemon pie. It really is the simplest pie to put together. It is a recipe from Cooks Country, and true to their style it offers up comfort, simplicity, and ease. The original recipe is a key lime pie, but I like to use whatever citrus I have around the house. I came across the meyer lemons at the store and felt like I had won the lottery. I knew I had to make this pie for Easter. 

There it is, our Easter day. I hope that as we settle into our new community that we can incorporate new traditions  that are part of our new history, being written as I type.


No comments:

Post a Comment