Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gluten Free Almond Waffles






Since I found this recipe for gluten free waffles it's been on my mind. Maybe I don't have enough to do because sometimes recipes that I find around the blog world dance through my head and saunter in and out of other more important thoughts. But then again, what is more important than good nourishing food? I knew that I had to try this recipe out so that it could leave me alone. Let me just begin by saying that it did not disappoint. I didn't try the orange infused honey syrup because my mind had other plans.

 I love waffles in the evening as a quick dinner. I mix the dry ingredients together ahead of time and leave the eggs out so that they are at room temperature. I also wash and cut up fruit ahead of time so that the flavors can mingle. I was unable to find strawberries at the local market, so I went with blueberries. Next time I will sub out the yogurt for almond milk, I really do think that it will work out just fine. I used a local maple syrup that was delightfully light with the right amount of maple goodness.

If you have some time check out Roost, Caitlin really does have one of the best looking blogs around.


4 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE your pics!! Now I'm truly inspired to blog again. :D I'm afraid N's breakfast here wasn't nearly as good as he would have had there: GF cinnamon raisin toast from Sami's bakery - very tasty, but not the same as homemade waffles!

    Lunch was stir-fry (you should have seen them coming out of the woodwork when the garlic hit the oil, LOL!) and dinner is Greek soup with a big salad and Bob's Red Mill GF cornbread mix. We haven't tried that one before. I think the only GF cornbread we've done was a homemade one, but I can't remember where I found it. It was tasty, too. Wish I could remember. :-P We're fitting a Biggby's trip in after soccer practice. Om nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your day sounds like it was full of great food. I really do think that you should start blogging again. I will be watching for your next post. :)

      Delete
  2. Those look lovely! I think we should have a waffle soirée.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, great idea, a waffle soiree is a fantastic idea. I'm always ready for a party.

      Delete