Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Parades, Fireworks, And Cookie Dough Dip



Here in Center County the 4th of July festivities go on for days. Each small borough had a parade and many have firework displays, all of this happening on different days. 


Our city had their annual Fireman's Parade this past Saturday. After the parade my neighbor hosted a  party. I had intended on bringing a tray of cake pops to the party but could not bring myself to turning on my oven to bake the cake needed to make the pops. So I had to rethink my plan. I had pinned a recipe for a dip on one of my boards on Pinterest. I took another look at it and decided to take a chance on it. I'm glad that I did. It was a hit with everyone.

I had to leave the leftovers behind because I knew that we could consume all of the leftovers that evening. Better that all of the kids eat it and not me.

This dip comes together in less than five minutes and is ready to head out the door without any time in the refrigerator for all of the flavors to mingle. It is very akin to a decadent frosting that you dip a cookie into. Feel free to put as much on a cookie as your heart desires.

Cookie Dough Dip

1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
1/2 cup butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits


1. Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla, and butter.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix till well combined.
3 Serve with graham cracker, vanilla wafers, and apple wedges.

Source: Add a Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment